Milford Federal Savings and Loan Association is a strong community bank with branches in Milford, MA, Whitinsville, MA and Woonsocket, RI. We provide a variety of savings and lending products with a solid commitment to our customers. Milford Federal Savings and Loan Association is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer F/M/D/V. We provide a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, life insurance and 401K match. Qualified candidates may submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No unsolicited resumes, email or calls from search firms will be accepted.
The following positions are available:
Commercial Credit Analyst
The Commercial Credit Analyst, under general supervision, and according to established policies and procedures, assists SVP- CFO in connection with commercial loan activity.
- Develops and analyzes all types of credit information pertaining to diversified types of commercial loans, prepares credit reports for Commercial Loan Officer and Board of Directors, maintains control over credit requirements of current accounts, furnishes information relative to credit inquiries, and provides any other assistance as needed.
- Evaluates the credit worthiness of businesses; develops financial profiles and investigates credit histories. Develop credit information for use in making lending decisions on new, renewal and extension loans.
- Provides financial statement analysis examining historical and projected liquidity, leverage and cash.
- Acts as a customer service liaison with commercial relationships and prospects.
- Generate all commercial lending reports.
- Perform pre-approval, post-closing reviews on all documentation.
- Periodically reviews all credit, loan and collateral files to ensure that information is current. Monitors files to assure that up-to-date financial statements, accounts receivable, agings, and other items are available for all customers requiring such information.
- Ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and USA PATRIOT Act including but not limited to Customer Identification Program, customer due diligence, identifying high risk accounts, understand the due diligence required for lending transactions, and reporting suspicious activities to Supervisor or BSA Department.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Computer and software knowledge.
- Formal credit training is highly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of commercial loan documentation.
- The ability to conduct in-depth financial analysis as it pertains to a prospective borrower, its related entities, and its owners.
Physical demands / conditions:
General office environment. This position can have unpredictable hours due to business development requirements and completing loan applications with prospective customers.
Mortgage Loan Originator
Full time position located at the Main Office in Milford, MA.
- Interviews applicants for all types of loans, including pre-approvals.
- Engages in business development opportunities.
- Markets and cross sells other banking products.
- Enters loan applications in computer system, submits loan applications to Loan Prospector and/or other investor’s automated underwriting system for analysis and updates as required.
- Responds to inquiries from customers, real estate brokers, attorneys etc., solving problems as needed.
- Contacts customers to promote mortgage offerings.
- Maintains knowledge of Association loan products and lending guidelines, Secondary Market guidelines, and private mortgage insurance guidelines.
- Processes all types of loan applications. Prepares files for underwriting as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of computer systems utilized in originating all types of loans.
- Supervise consumer loan closings; explaining all documents and witnessing signatures as required.
- Position requires obtaining a unique identifier to be used on all Mortgage documents originated by the employee and maintaining registration through the Nationwide Mortgage Registry System (NMLS).
- Ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and USA PATRIOT Act including but not limited to Customer Identification Program, customer due diligence, identifying high risk accounts, understand the due diligence required for lending transactions, and reporting suspicious activities to supervisor or BSA Department.
Knowledge of all mortgage products. Knowledge of FHLMC, MGIC, and various other investor lending policies and procedures. Knowledge of federal and state lending regulations. Ability to determine qualifications of applicants in various situations. Good communication skills both written and verbal. Computer software knowledge. 2-5 years of progressively responsible experience in mortgage lending and real estate activities.
Senior Mortgage Processor
Full time position located at the Main Office in Milford, MA.
Perform a variety of duties to originate and process mortgage and consumer loan applications. Interview applicants for first mortgage and consumer loans. Processes First Mortgage and Consumer Loan Applications, prepare application files for underwriting, report file to closing attorney and perform pre-closing reviews. Input applications into mortgage software system and run through automated underwriting system as required. Orders credit reports, appraisals, plot plans, Flood Certificates and verifies employment. Lock rates for customers. Supervise Consumer Loan Closings, explaining all documents and witnessing signatures as required. Respond to customer, attorney and real estate broker inquiries.
Position requires computer and software knowledge, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, communication, customer service and organizational skills. 2 – 4 years mortgage loan processing experience. Must be capable of being NMLS certified.
Outside Mortgage Originator (Metrowest, MA territory)
We seek experienced professionals with proven track records of 3+ years mortgage loan sales success to cover assigned territories. Positions require knowledge of the origination process, secondary market guidelines, and the skills necessary to develop and originate new loan business for our Bank. This position includes base salary and commission.
Part Time Teller- Entry Level. Training will be provided.
Provide efficient, effective and courteous customer service. Perform a variety of transactions including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashing checks, selling money order and cashier’s checks, etc. Maintain knowledge of current Bank products and services. Identity cross sales opportunities and make referrals as appropriate. Ensure accuracy and efficiency of transactions. Prove cash drawer at the end of shift. Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Computer, customer service, communication and organization skills. Hours vary but must be available to work Thursdays and Fridays from 12 noon to 6 pm and Saturdays 8 am to approximately 12 noon. Ability to work at any of our branches.