Milford Federal Bank is a strong community bank with branches in Milford, MA, Whitinsville, MA and Woonsocket, RI. We provide a variety of savings and lending products with a solid commitment to our customers. Milford Federal Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer F/M/D/V. We provide a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, life insurance and 401K match. Qualified candidates may submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No unsolicited resumes, email or calls from search firms will be accepted.
The following positions are available:
Milford Federal Bank is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Commercial Lender to join our growing Commercial department.
- Under the general direction of the Commercial Department Manager, this position’s primary responsibilities include:
- New business development through active relationship building with internal and external referral sources.
- Coordinates with retail branch network on new referrals. Plans and implements department loan business development programs and promotional efforts.
- Take independent action on all loan requests and relationships.
- Manage assigned commercial relationships. Gather and analyze financial information as required.
- Maintain a network of contacts within the industry to stay abreast of developments within the market.
- Contribute to the annual development of the commercial services business plan.
- Participate in industry sponsored associations, seminars and activities to further Milford Federal’s presence in the market.
- Stays current with all lending laws, UCC and other applicable regulations.
Excellent communications, customer service and follow-up skills required.
Commercial Credit Representative
The Commercial Credit Representative is responsible for assisting the commercial team with coordinating loan closings, pre and post-closing follow-up, on-going file maintenance, legal documentation review, assisting with customer inquiries, the appraisal review process, and other duties as assigned. This role will also be involved in on-boarding new relationships, maintaining credit files and completing the underwriting analysis as needed. This position will also assist with marketing efforts and increasing both the loan portfolio and business deposits.
The primary functions of the Commercial Credit Representative will be to:
- Set up and maintain commercial loan legal files.
- Track and monitor customer requests; Answer inquiries on existing and proposed loans.
- Provide excellent customer service and work effectively in a team environment.
- Collect financials from prospective and existing borrowers. Complete and review the respective cash flows and credit memos along with the annual reviews as needed.
- Track and monitor the ordering, reviewing, and assigning Commercial Appraisals.
- Prepare and review legal documentation of commercial loan closings.
- Independently manage the administrative tasks of the Commercial Lending department such as taking minutes, preparing commitment letters, and reviewing the completion of pre-closing conditions. Order credit reports and flood determinations as needed.
- Professionally communicate with Closing Attorneys regarding loan packages and guidelines.
- Associates Degree or equivalent 3 -5 years of commercial banking or residential mortgage experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship management skills.
- Attention to detail; strong organizational & time management skills, initiative, accuracy and ability to multitask.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a timely, efficient, accurate and confidential manner.
- Familiarity with federal and state mortgage banking regulations (HMDA, CRA, REG B, ECOA, UDAAP, and Fair Lending, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel are required.
- Experience with commercial loan closing documents, SBA loan documents, and insurance documents.
IT Systems Administrator
The IT Systems Administer assists in all aspects of the bank’s IT environment, all IT systems and support of user base.
The primary functions of the IT systems Administrator will be to:
- Administer the Milford Federal Bank WAN/LAN environment.
- Administer/track daily system backups for all servers and branches.
- Troubleshoot network communication issues.
- Monitor the bank’s virus protection software, spam filtering software, and patch management systems.
- Provide technical support on all corporate applications including Microsoft Office Software, various Microsoft Windows platforms, financial software and all other software the bank utilizes.
- Install and configure new desktop computers and provide desktop support to all employees.
- Perform Disaster Recovery testing as needed.
- Assist in Firewall administration and configuration.
- Assist AVP of Information Technology with regulatory compliance, audit preparations and information security.
- Provide support for the phone and voice mail systems.
- Hands on experience with solving computer problems/help desk assistance.
- Current Network Administration certification, A+ Certification, Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a related field.
- Experience with VMWare, Windows Servers, Active Directory,Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience with WAN/LAN communications
- Experience with banking/financial software preferred.
- Experience in firewall administration, Sophos firewalls preferred.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
Must be able to lift personal computer and monitors to replace units. Must be able to work extended hours as necessary.
Have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle to be able to get to the different locations.
Our Branch Manager’s primary responsibility is to lead, manage and coach a team of sales and service professionals to meet and exceed goals, ensure the operational soundness of the branch and create an excellent customer experience. They identify business opportunities within their market and provide tailored business solutions. Branch Managers are expected to adhere to compliance procedures and internal/external risk controls in accordance with all applicable regulatory standards.
- Develop and execute growth strategy for office.
- Make regular outside sales calls to develop and deepen business relationships.
- Builds morale through effective communication, leadership and engagement of team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal business partners in order to refer and grow business relationships.
- Consistently meet performance goals such as accuracy, sales production, referrals and quality service standards.
- Ensure that team members are providing solutions and delivering exceptional service.
- Hires, trains, develops and mentors staff to achieve individual and branch goals.
- Manage all requests regarding consumer lending products
- Adhere to all regulatory compliance along with banks policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and US Patriot Act including , but not limited to accurate completion of CTR and Monetary Instrument log, Customer Identification Program, customer due diligence, identifying high risk, reporting suspicious activities to BSA Department
- Position requires obtaining a unique identifier to be used on all mortgage documents originated by employee and maintaining registration through the Nationwide Mortgage Registry System ( NMLS)
Thorough knowledge of teller and customer service operations is required. Banking systems experience such as COCC, Insight preferred. Prior experience with introducing and/or managing sales programs including goal attainment within assigned branch is necessary. Must have the ability to coach, develop and motivate staff. Prior supervisory and interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills are required. Ability to relate to and interact with people at all economic, social and educational levels. 5-7 years’ experience with Bank or similar organization in related responsibilities. Experience Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Mortgage Loan Originator – Outside Sales
Milford Federal is looking for a full-time Mortgage Loan Originator to join our bustling Origination department. This position is responsible for business development of the greater Worcester area.
The primary function of the Loan Originator will be to:
- Develop new business in assigned geographic area.
- Interview applicants for first and second mortgage applications and pre-approvals.
- Monitors flow of loans throughout application process working closely with underwriting & loan processing.
- Maintain contact and deepen relationships with new and existing clients keeping them informed of mortgage programs & rates.
- Provides exceptional and timely follow-up & customer service to new and existing customer base.
- Represent Milford Federal within the community and professional organizations.
Excellent communications, customer service and follow-up skills. Position requires NMLS# through the Nationwide Mortgage Registry System.
The Personal Banker is responsible for building and deepening customer relationships while providing exceptional customer service including opening new accounts, explaining available bank products and services, and gathering customer information to service new and existing accounts. Responsible for providing electronic banking support to customers. Process teller transactions as part of working with the customers. Maintains knowledge of branch policies and procedures.
Primary Duties include:
- Processing “teller transactions” as part of working with the customers to satisfy their needs.
- Successfully completing IRA and CD transactions.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of Business Banking products and services.
- Provides a complete range of customer service including opening new accounts, explaining available bank products and services, and gathering customer information to service new and existing accounts.
- Providing electronic banking support to customers.
- Meets with customers to strategically identify all their financial needs.
- Participates in activities for generating new business such as special events.
- Depending on staffing levels, may be required to work some scheduled shifts in the various branches as needed to ensure adequate coverage.
- Industry or equivalent sales & service experience.
- Basic understanding of financial products and services.
- The ability to assess customer needs, providing solid recommendations, and building customer relationships to optimize sales opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Effective written and verbal communication and computer skills.
- Must possess a professional demeanor including business attire, courtesy, tact and conflict management skills.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements.