Milford Federal Bank is a strong community bank with branches in Milford, MA, Whitinsville, MA and Woonsocket, RI. We provide a variety of savings and lending products with a solid commitment to our customers. Milford Federal Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer F/M/D/V. We provide a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, life insurance and 401K match. Qualified candidates may submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No unsolicited resumes, email or calls from search firms will be accepted.
The following positions are available:
Assistant Manager Operations
Milford Federal Bank is looking to add an Assistant Operations Manager to our team. The main responsibilities of this position will be to supervise, develop, coach and support the Operations staff. Provide support to our Consumer Banking and Lending staff as necessary. Process, verify and reconcile various aspects of the Operations department. The successful candidate will have proven experience managing personnel, a positive attitude and a team player, with progressive thinking and ability to adapt to a changing environment.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Serving as the backup for the Operations Specialists as needed.
- Administration of IRA related activity
- Oversee Safe Deposit Box back office tasks
- Research and correct outstanding items on Federal Reserve Bank, NEACH, and ATM settlement account reconciliations done by the Finance Department.
- Review daily iBanking reports
- Process the Operations portion of the ATM daily proof, correcting any debit card transaction exceptions
- Submit Quarterly IOLTA Interest to IOLTA Committee.
- Complete quarterly compliance monitoring for IRA and GLBA.
- Monitor assigned Regulations, which include Reg E, D, Q and J.
- Approve outgoing wires via Fed line as requested by Finance Dept.
- Ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and USA PATRIOTS Act including but not limited to ACH/IAT Transactions and reporting of suspicious activities to supervisor or BSA Officer
Associates Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience. Microsoft Office, and database experience, good communication skills. An ability to work independently is needed. Basic teller experience, research/problem solving skills, customer service experience, management experience. Working knowledge of activities of the Operations Department, knowledge of ATM processing, knowledge of COCC software. 3-5 years’ experience with the Bank, or other organizations in related responsibilities.
Our Branch Manager’s primary responsibility is to lead, manage and coach a team of sales and service professionals to meet and exceed goals, ensure the operational soundness of the branch and create an excellent customer experience. They identify business opportunities within their market and provide tailored business solutions. Branch Managers are expected to adhere to compliance procedures and internal/external risk controls in accordance with all applicable regulatory standards.
- Develop and execute growth strategy for office.
- Make regular outside sales calls to develop and deepen business relationships.
- Builds morale through effective communication, leadership and engagement of team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal business partners in order to refer and grow business relationships.
- Consistently meet performance goals such as accuracy, sales production, referrals and quality service standards.
- Ensure that team members are providing solutions and delivering exceptional service.
- Hires, trains, develops and mentors staff to achieve individual and branch goals.
- Manage all requests regarding consumer lending products
- Adhere to all regulatory compliance along with banks policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and US Patriot Act including , but not limited to accurate completion of CTR and Monetary Instrument log, Customer Identification Program, customer due diligence, identifying high risk, reporting suspicious activities to BSA Department
- Position requires obtaining a unique identifier to be used on all mortgage documents originated by employee and maintaining registration through the Nationwide Mortgage Registry System ( NMLS)
Thorough knowledge of teller and customer service operations is required. Banking systems experience such as COCC, Insight preferred. Prior experience with introducing and/or managing sales programs including goal attainment within assigned branch is necessary. Must have the ability to coach, develop and motivate staff. Prior supervisory and interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills are required. Ability to relate to and interact with people at all economic, social and educational levels. 5-7 years’ experience with Bank or similar organization in related responsibilities. Experience Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Milford Federal Bank is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Commercial Lender to join our growing Commercial department.
- Under the general direction of the Commercial Department Manager, this position’s primary responsibilities include:
- New business development through active relationship building with internal and external referral sources.
- Coordinates with retail branch network on new referrals. Plans and implements department loan business development programs and promotional efforts.
- Take independent action on all loan requests and relationships.
- Manage assigned commercial relationships. Gather and analyze financial information as required.
- Maintain a network of contacts within the industry to stay abreast of developments within the market.
- Contribute to the annual development of the commercial services business plan.
- Participate in industry sponsored associations, seminars and activities to further Milford Federal’s presence in the market.
- Stays current with all lending laws, UCC and other applicable regulations.
Excellent communications, customer service and follow-up skills required.
Senior Personal Banker
The Senior Personal Banker is responsible for providing exceptional customer service by utilizing active listening skills and prior experience to better assist the customers’ needs by recommending appropriate personal banking and/or business solutions.
Primary responsibilities are:
Build and deepen customer relationships while providing exceptional customer service including opening new accounts, explaining available bank products and services, and gathering customer information to service new and existing accounts. Responsible for providing electronic banking support to customers. Process teller transactions as part of working with the customers. Maintains knowledge of branch policies and procedures.
The Senior Personal Banker will:
- Contribute to the achievement of goals through individual and group efforts and by exceeding customer expectations.
- Deliver clarity to customers through simplicity, guidance, and know-how.
- Must be able to support multiple branch locations as needed.
- Adhere to all operational, compliance, regulatory and security requirements, directives and procedures while minimizing losses.
- Become an active member of the community representing Milford Federal Bank.
- Supervise Retail Office in absence of Manager and Assistant Manager.
- Perform opening and closing procedures, Balancing/Rolling ECRs (Cash Recyclers).
- Assist with completion of monthly operational reports and cash audits.
- Accepts Consumer/Mortgage Loan Applications.
- Displays leadership skills in motivating staff on meeting goals, providing lobby management, fielding customer complaints while providing overall branch assistance.
- Position requires obtaining a unique identifier to be used on all Mortgage documents originated by the employee and maintaining registration through the Nationwide Mortgage Registry System (NMLS)
Commercial Credit Trainee
The Commercial Credit Trainee will work to learn both the commercial credit administration function as well as the commercial credit analyst function. Additionally, they will be responsible for assisting the commercial team with coordinating loan closings, pre and post-closing follow-up, on-going file maintenance, legal documentation review, assisting with customer inquiries, the appraisal review process, and other duties as assigned. This role will also be involved in on-boarding new relationships, maintaining credit files and completing the underwriting analysis as needed. This position will also assist with marketing efforts and increasing both the loan portfolio and business deposits.
The incumbent is required to demonstrate a working knowledge of the commercial lending industry and to contribute in a variety of ways to assist internal co-workers and external customers and have the appropriate skillset to handle customer interactions effectively. This position will be responsible for providing key support to the short-term and long-term strategic objectives for the department. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, take initiative, be extremely detail oriented, and possess good business and grammatical writing skills while operating independently in a fast-paced environment while exercising good judgment.
Responsibilities: (Initially in a training capacity)
- Track and monitor customer requests; Answer customer inquiries on existing and proposed loans.
- Set up commercial loan legal files. Maintain department files in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Train with the Credit Analyst to develop all skills necessary to complete a commercial credit analysis.
- Provide excellent customer service and work effectively in a team environment.
- Research and analyze problems recommending solutions in a timely manner.
- Work with Commercial Team and other departments to develop marketing strategies and seasonal campaigns.
- Support Commercial Department in growing business deposits and new relationship accounts by referring new business to bank.
- Collect financials from prospective and existing borrowers. Complete and review the respective cash flows and credit memos along with the annual reviews as needed.
- Work with other departments to review insurance coverages and real estate tax payments for the respective collateral for each loan.
- Work with other departments to ensure all files conform to the appropriate regulatory and compliance standards.
- Send financial request letters and monitor the collection of timely financial statements for each loan borrower and guarantor.
- Track and monitor the ordering, reviewing, and assigning Commercial Appraisals.
- Prepare and review legal documentation of commercial loan closings.
- Independently manage the administrative tasks of the Commercial Lending department such as taking minutes, preparing commitment letters, and reviewing the completion of pre-closing conditions. Order credit reports and flood determinations as needed.
- Professionally communicate with Closing Attorneys regarding loan packages and guidelines.
- Complete tasks as defined in the commercial lending policy and procedure as defined by Milford Federal Bank.
- Assist with planning and preparing for internal and external audits.
- Provide administrative support to the Commercial Lending team.
- Attend meetings, seminars and training sessions as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship management skills.
- Attention to detail; strong organizational skills, initiative, accuracy and ability to multitask required.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a timely, efficient, accurate and confidential manner.
- Familiarity with federal and state mortgage banking regulations (HMDA, CRA, REG B, ECOA, UDAAP, and Fair Lending, etc.) preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel are required.
- Strong grammar skills with proficient writing expertise.