Milford Federal Savings and Loan Association is a strong community bank with branches in Milford, MA, Whitinsville, MA and Woonsocket, RI. We provide a variety of savings and lending products with a solid commitment to our customers. Milford Federal Savings and Loan Association is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer F/M/D/V. We provide a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, life insurance and 401K match. Qualified candidates may submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No unsolicited resumes, email or calls from search firms will be accepted.
The following positions are available:
Loan Servicing Specialist
- Perform duties required to service all types of existing loans including, but not limited to: responding to customer requests, preparing payoff statements, processing payoffs, researching and preparing discharges and monitoring payment plans.
- Monitor, track, and report hazard, flood and force placed insurance policies.
- Perform post-closing duties required to process and set up new loans, including funding conveyancing accounts, review and monitor incoming closing related paperwork, preparing new loan set-up sheets, setting up automatic payments, and creating new loan files.
- Perform duties required to collect non-performing loans including making phone calls to non-performing loan borrowers, reviewing periodic reports listing delinquent status of loan accounts, prepare and send routine late payment notices and letters recommending appropriate action.
- Report payment status of all loans to investors and MI companies.
- Process loan department teller transactions including balancing work and cash box at the end of the day.
- Assist in the set up and payment of escrowed property taxes and insurance as well as the collection and monitoring of past due non escrowed taxes
- Perform corrections and verification of information reported to the credit bureaus.
- Review various daily/monthly routine reports for accuracy and prepares various proofs/reports.
- Assist in the monitoring and disbursing of holdback funds, insurance checks and construction loans.
- Perform all duties in compliance with applicable regulations and Bank policies. Participate in educational programs and attends business meetings and training both online, on-site and off-site as needed and assigned.
Good communication skills both written and verbal. Skills in math and English. Computer software knowledge. Good organization and communication/telephone skills. Knowledge of applicable federal, state, regulatory agency, and investor laws, rules and guidelines. 1-3 years banking or related experience.
Mortgage Loan Originator
Full time position located at the Main Office in Milford, MA.
- Interviews applicants for all types of loans, including pre-approvals.
- Engages in business development opportunities.
- Markets and cross sells other banking products.
- Enters loan applications in computer system, submits loan applications to Loan Prospector and/or other investor’s automated underwriting system for analysis and updates as required.
- Responds to inquiries from customers, real estate brokers, attorneys etc., solving problems as needed.
- Contacts customers to promote mortgage offerings.
- Maintains knowledge of Association loan products and lending guidelines, Secondary Market guidelines, and private mortgage insurance guidelines.
- Processes all types of loan applications. Prepares files for underwriting as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of computer systems utilized in originating all types of loans.
- Supervise consumer loan closings; explaining all documents and witnessing signatures as required.
- Position requires obtaining a unique identifier to be used on all Mortgage documents originated by the employee and maintaining registration through the Nationwide Mortgage Registry System (NMLS).
- Ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and USA PATRIOT Act including but not limited to Customer Identification Program, customer due diligence, identifying high risk accounts, understand the due diligence required for lending transactions, and reporting suspicious activities to supervisor or BSA Department.
Knowledge of all mortgage products. Knowledge of FHLMC, MGIC, and various other investor lending policies and procedures. Knowledge of federal and state lending regulations. Ability to determine qualifications of applicants in various situations. Good communication skills both written and verbal. Computer software knowledge. 2-5 years of progressively responsible experience in mortgage lending and real estate activities.
Outside Mortgage Originator (Metrowest, MA territory)
We seek experienced professionals with proven track records of 3+ years mortgage loan sales success to cover assigned territories. Positions require knowledge of the origination process, secondary market guidelines, and the skills necessary to develop and originate new loan business for our Bank. This position includes base salary and commission.
Part Time Teller- Entry Level. Training will be provided.
Provide efficient, effective and courteous customer service. Perform a variety of transactions including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashing checks, selling money order and cashier’s checks, etc. Maintain knowledge of current Bank products and services. Identity cross sales opportunities and make referrals as appropriate. Ensure accuracy and efficiency of transactions. Prove cash drawer at the end of shift. Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Computer, customer service, communication and organization skills. Hours vary but must be available to work Thursdays and Fridays from 12 noon to 6 pm and Saturdays 8 am to approximately 12 noon. Ability to work at any of our branches.