Milford Federal Bank is a strong community bank with branches in Milford, MA, Whitinsville, MA and Woonsocket, RI. We provide a variety of savings and lending products with a solid commitment to our customers. Milford Federal Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer F/M/D/V. We provide a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, life insurance and 401K match. Qualified candidates may submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No unsolicited resumes, email or calls from search firms will be accepted.
The following positions are available:
Milford Federal Bank is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Commercial Lender to join our growing Commercial department.
- Under the general direction of the Commercial Department Manager, this position’s primary responsibilities include:
- New business development through active relationship building with internal and external referral sources.
- Coordinates with retail branch network on new referrals. Plans and implements department loan business development programs and promotional efforts.
- Take independent action on all loan requests and relationships.
- Manage assigned commercial relationships. Gather and analyze financial information as required.
- Maintain a network of contacts within the industry to stay abreast of developments within the market.
- Contribute to the annual development of the commercial services business plan.
- Participate in industry sponsored associations, seminars and activities to further Milford Federal’s presence in the market.
- Stays current with all lending laws, UCC and other applicable regulations.
Excellent communications, customer service and follow-up skills required.
Our Branch Manager’s primary responsibility is to lead, manage and coach a team of sales and service professionals to meet and exceed goals, ensure the operational soundness of the branch and create an excellent customer experience. They identify business opportunities within their market and provide tailored business solutions. Branch Managers are expected to adhere to compliance procedures and internal/external risk controls in accordance with all applicable regulatory standards.
- Develop and execute growth strategy for office.
- Make regular outside sales calls to develop and deepen business relationships.
- Builds morale through effective communication, leadership and engagement of team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal business partners in order to refer and grow business relationships.
- Consistently meet performance goals such as accuracy, sales production, referrals and quality service standards.
- Ensure that team members are providing solutions and delivering exceptional service.
- Hires, trains, develops and mentors staff to achieve individual and branch goals.
- Manage all requests regarding consumer lending products
- Adhere to all regulatory compliance along with banks policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and US Patriot Act including , but not limited to accurate completion of CTR and Monetary Instrument log, Customer Identification Program, customer due diligence, identifying high risk, reporting suspicious activities to BSA Department
- Position requires obtaining a unique identifier to be used on all mortgage documents originated by employee and maintaining registration through the Nationwide Mortgage Registry System ( NMLS)
Thorough knowledge of teller and customer service operations is required. Banking systems experience such as COCC, Insight preferred. Prior experience with introducing and/or managing sales programs including goal attainment within assigned branch is necessary. Must have the ability to coach, develop and motivate staff. Prior supervisory and interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills are required. Ability to relate to and interact with people at all economic, social and educational levels. 5-7 years’ experience with Bank or similar organization in related responsibilities. Experience Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Mortgage Loan Originator – Inside Sales
The Inside Sales Loan Originator position’s primary function is to interview applicants for all types of loans and makes appropriate recommendations of available bank products based on customer needs by maintaining thorough knowledge of bank products, lending guidelines and private mortgage insurance guidelines.
- Entering loan applications and submitting to underwriting
- Respond to inquiries from customers, real estate brokers, attorneys throughout process
- Maintains knowledge of systems utilized in originating all types of loans
- Supervise consumer loan closings; explaining all documents and witnessing signatures as required
- Contacts customers to promote mortgage offerings
- Engages in business development opportunities
- Markets and cross sells other banking products
- Ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and USA PATRIOT Act including but not limited to Customer Identification Program, customer due diligence, identifying high risk accounts, understand the due diligence required for lending transactions, and reporting suspicious activities to supervisor or BSA Department
- Position requires obtaining maintaining an NMLS Registration through the Nationwide Mortgage Registry System
Mortgage Loan Originator
Milford Federal is looking for a full-time Mortgage Loan Originator to join our bustling Origination department. Although home-based in Woonsocket, RI position can be in large part, be remote and is charged with the development of the Northern RI region.
The primary function of the Loan Originator will be to:
- Develop new business in assigned geographic area.
- Interview applicants for first and second mortgage applications and pre-approvals.
- Monitors flow of loans throughout application process working closely with underwriting & loan processing.
- Maintain contact and deepen relationships with new and existing clients keeping them informed of mortgage programs & rates.
- Provides exceptional and timely follow-up & customer service to new and existing customer base.
- Represent Milford Federal within the community and professional organizations.
Excellent communications, customer service and follow-up skills. Position requires NMLS# through the Nationwide Mortgage Registry System.
Senior Personal Banker
The Senior Personal Banker is responsible for providing exceptional customer service by utilizing active listening skills and prior experience to better assist the customers’ needs by recommending appropriate personal banking and/or business solutions.
Primary responsibilities are:
Build and deepen customer relationships while providing exceptional customer service including opening new accounts, explaining available bank products and services, and gathering customer information to service new and existing accounts. Responsible for providing electronic banking support to customers. Process teller transactions as part of working with the customers. Maintains knowledge of branch policies and procedures.
The Senior Personal Banker will:
- Contribute to the achievement of goals through individual and group efforts and by exceeding customer expectations.
- Deliver clarity to customers through simplicity, guidance, and know-how.
- Must be able to support multiple branch locations as needed.
- Adhere to all operational, compliance, regulatory and security requirements, directives and procedures while minimizing losses.
- Become an active member of the community representing Milford Federal Bank.
- Supervise Retail Office in absence of Manager and Assistant Manager.
- Perform opening and closing procedures, Balancing/Rolling ECRs (Cash Recyclers).
- Assist with completion of monthly operational reports and cash audits.
- Accepts Consumer/Mortgage Loan Applications.
- Displays leadership skills in motivating staff on meeting goals, providing lobby management, fielding customer complaints while providing overall branch assistance.
- Position requires obtaining a unique identifier to be used on all Mortgage documents originated by the employee and maintaining registration through the Nationwide Mortgage Registry System (NMLS)